Atlanta, GA - The Golden Tigers returned to the tennis courts this afternoon to compete against NCAA III No. 3 Emory University.
The afternoon started really positive for Brenau. In doubles No. 2, Golden Tigers Maria Perdomo-Medina and Eline Nagels scored the first point of the day, defeating Eagles Jordan Wylie/DanielleTruitt 8-1. The Eagles tied the match after Padmanabhan/Brenna Kelly defeated Moniz/Neumeyr 8-4 at doubles No. 3. Brenau took the remaining doubles point and gained a 2-1 edge after Eagles Dawson/Clark retired the match when Golden Tigers Choo/Thompson were leading 7-6.
In singles, first off the court was NAIA All-American Lyn See Choo. With an impeccable performance, Lyn See only lost one game in a victory over Jordan Wylie 6-0, 6-1 at singles No. 1. Although the Golden Tigers managed to achieve a 3-1 lead against Emory, the Eagles turned the match around and won all five remaining singles matches in straight-sets to seal the overall match 6-3.
Brenau will return to action this weekend, traveling to Mississippi to play two conference matches against two ranked opponents. On Saturday, March 10, No. 7 Brenau will face No. 21 Belhaven at 2 pm in Jackson, MS while on Sunday, Brenau will play in Hattiesburg, MS in a top 10 contest against No. 10 William Carey. The match is scheduled to begin at 3 pm.
#7 Brenau 3, #3 Emory 6
1. Choo/Thompson (BU) def. Dawson/Gabrielle Clark (EU) 7-6, ret.
2. Nagels/Perdomo-Medina (BU) def. Wylie/Danielle Truitt (EU) 8-1
3. Padmanabhan/Brenna Kelly (EU) def. Moniz/Neumeyr (BU) 8-4
Order of finish (2, 3, 1)
1. Lyn See Choo (BU) def. Jordan Wylie (EU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Zahra Dawson (EU) def. Maria Perdomo-Medina (BU) 6-4, 6-3
3. Lauren Pinsky (EU) def. Theresa Neumeyr (BU) 6-3, 6-3
4. Mika Padmanabhan (EU) def. Hannah Thompson (BU) 7-5, 6-1
5. Allie Damico (EU) def. Eline Nagels (BU) 6-4, 6-1
6. Taylor Brandt (EU) def. Tiffany de Almeida (BU) 6-0, 6-3
Order of finish (1, 6, 4, 5, 2, 3)